Sunday, March 30, 2014

Mechanical Progress

Did I mention that this boat is 90 years old? And it might need some work? Or a lot of my time? Well all of the above are true!!!


But I am equal to the task.

Here are a few of the things I have been working on.

The stern light needed rewiring and a new bulb socket. I added a quick disconnect to make the cover easier to put on.

Every classic wood runabout needs an Ensign.


Add a new wire to the switch up front and.....wa la!! Light!!!!


This hole in the transom is where the gas tank was vented, I will enlarge it from 5/8" to 3/4" to accommodate larger vent fitting. Although I hate to drill on this wood, I am using an existing whole.


The fitting installed.


I know this not a round gas tank, but it is 30+ years old and has never had gas in it. That counts, right?

Gas filler neck.


The shaft log was in need of some attention!


Dirty and greasy!!


 Check out this old gasket.

Someone hand me a scraper.


The old stuffing.


The new hose for the connection to the shaft log.


Ready for the water!!


Here is my brother, Joe, getting the old MN numbers off.




No comments:

Post a Comment