Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1920 Wise and Sons 20' Launch

I had known for years that The "Cherup" existed.  Grandpa Robert had been offered the boat by Todd Warner around 1985.  In the back of my mind, I was always, one of these days.......

When word got out that Todd was auctioning off some boats, I got a look at the list.  Low and behold,  Todd didn't have one Wise boat, he had two!  It is exciting to know that there are two examples of Wise boats still in existence.

When we went to Winsted to pick up the Cherup, we were given a chance to look around the warehouse.  Much to my surprise, the1920 Wise & Sons 20' Launch was still there.  While in very rough shape, it is still in restore-able condition.  Not a project for the meek at heart! 
 

So with out any more to-do, here are the pictures of the "other" Wise boat.

Picture by Texx

No comments:

Post a Comment